Thursday, June 11

Bonus photos

Since I'm still working on getting the baby shower photos organised I thought I'd quickly post a couple of other pics that don't fit into any particular category. Remember you can click on the pics to make them bigger.

Josie with her built-in stable table

This spring has been just gorgeous! Warm days (35C), warm nights (25C) and lots of evening thunderstorms!

Lightning from our deck

The angle of the new apartment also means we've been able to enjoy more of those glorious sunsets! Our old place faced away from them (another tick for the treehouse).

Texas sunset from our balcony


More substantial news coming soon. In the brief headlines, however, we finally finished birth classes, with the final 'You and your baby' session last night which was overly focused on washing the little tike. My demonstration of dressing demo baby (dubbed Cedric) in his tiny, hospital issue straight jacket did not win me parent of the year, but at least it got a giggle out of poor Jo who was exhausted after a long day at work. Our last babyshower is on Friday, at work (!) so after that we can get on with the final washing, sorting and working out what we're missing. Not much it seems! And I really must finish packing the hospital bag...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So these "demo-babies"...are they filled with jello? Because it is waaay easier to dress a baby doll...when you are dressing your own baby you have to be careful with fingers getting caught on hems and flailing...and bathing?! And bathing your baby? Practice trying to hold a greased baby pig. Don't know what it is about babies' skin when it gets wet...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another photo of our girl. Wish I could hold that tummy. What lovely views from the Tree House, distant vistas are so nice to have. Not sure you were taking those classes seriously enough Jac!

Love Jeannie

Mothersupex said...

Just love the photo of the wonderful one and the stable table.

The fire-works from the tree house are fantastic. You did well setting the camera up to capture that.

Oh dear, you really didn't like dressing your dolls and got quite frustrated with them, perhaps it is withdrawn childhood feelings coming forth :-( Poor Cedric but I can visualise the laughter.

Hugs

Jac said...

Mother dear, not everything goes back to childhood repression! I quite liked dressing my Sylvania bears thank you very much, and putting up new curtains in the dollhouse.

Shana, demo babies were the hard plastic with inflexible limb kind but at least they couldn't wave those limbs to distract me while artfully peeing in my eye...

Adrienne said...

I AM SO EXCITED! I have maintained this level of near hysterical excitement ever since that first phone call when I had to run around the house squealing much to poor husband's dismay.

xA

Big A said...

I did click to make the picture bigger: what's she eating?? Froot Loops??

Nutritionally suitable for our grandson, I hope.

Jac said...

Thems ain't no fruitloops! As if I'd allow that! They're honey nut cheerios guaranteed to lower your blood cholesterol (if you eat them exclusively for about 10 years...)