Monday, February 6

Cutting the umbilical cord

It's been one of those days! Stress levels are high this week... I've taken on full time work (in order to have some cash to take with me) and I'm hoping to have the thesis finished and to the binders this week too. The thesis has been dependent on supervisor feedback and that's been coming in slowly, until today...

A little while ago both of my supervisors signed off on the final draft of my thesis! I can't really believe it... That's it, that's what I've been waiting for. What it means now is that as soon as I'm finished mucking about with formatting and checking reference I can print it out, take it to the binders and HAND IT IN! I've had a postcard on my wall for years that says "SUBMIT" but now I really can.

Is this the end of my procrastinating golden years as a student?? Stay tuned...

Postscript: I'm going to see Brokeback Mountain tonight to celebrate (ok, so I'd already planned to go - and celebrating with a film that's likely to make me sob for hours after???).

2 comments:

CupKate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CupKate said...

So thats it? Did it all work? And did the formatting go ok? Wow... you're done as a student and I'm just (re)starting... I'd say pass on your procrastinating student tips, but I consider myself relatively well practiced... just consider the garden for example...
ps I wrote this with a typo and couldn't figure out how to fix it without starting again!